I do want take a moment, however, to thank everyone that helped make our first camping-out event sooooo much fun! So many things put together and arranged for our boxing amusement, plus all of the meeting and greeting, spending time with old and new friends, and even just relaxing by the fire at night - it was truly a fantastic and memorable time! Here are some of our highlights, but I doubt I'll hit them all, there were just so many!
- We arrived on Friday, and stayed on the group site. We were immediately greeted by Star Wars Chick, and then got to meet up with Lundy, Eiryn and Sahalie as they borrowed our picnic table to stamp.
- MMACJ were right across from us, and it was great catching up with them again, even though they just can't let it go that we didn't bring a camp box. Please give them a hard time in any way possible whenever you see them, from now until eternity. ;)
- Aiphid, OrbitalMom, littlmoon & company, 2IrishChicks, and LangFam4 were also on the group site, and we had fun catching up, boxing with and relaxing by the fire with our clan.
- We spend some of Friday getting some of the boxes around the campground, meeting others and just plain ol' gabbing. Then we did some nightboxing, which we were told was full of colors and had 3 logbooks. Somebody was pulling our leg...
- There was always lots of fun on Grateful Row - The jester poles, the flags, all the Grateful memorabilia, and of course, all the great boxers! Everyone there made us feel welcome and right at home! And I finally got to meet Solo-Wanderer! At least, not as a zombie this time. ;)
- And then there was the point in the evening when Mama Z came up to us and told us to call Pete "Captain, My Captain", and spread the word, and if we did, we'd get a stamp. BUT, we couldn't let the Pranksters know what was going on. After we did, she gave us the box, and as I was about to quietly stamp in, I look over my shoulder, and Pete was right there! Fortunately, I somehow managed to get away without showing what I had! The rest is now history!!!
- Saturday was just chock full of stuff - the kayak series of boxes was a blast, there were plenty of things to do around the event tables. The event clue book was beautiful, and figuring out some of the codes and locations from the maps made finding the boxes just a little bit sweeter. And BB3 at least won something from the raffle!
- Another nightboxing series Saturday night, and we also got to get more campground stamps and meet and visit with many more boxers - we even got to see both a rabbit AND a weasel scurry down the street while we were visiting with Tiger Pride - that was cool!
- Sunday we packed up, said many good-byes, and headed back over to the event site to get the rest of the boxes that we didn't get on Saturday. Graywolfe and Sea Flea were wrapping up when we got there, and then as we were boxing, we got to meet the Thompson Whangdoddles and Dopey Dogs. We finished up then headed home, regretting the fact that the weekend was already over!
I know I'm missing a bunch of stuff and people, but it'd take me all night to write everything - just know that we appreciated each and every one of you that were there and made the event so memorable! Here are just a couple of the few pics we got:
|Be careful looking in this chest!|
|BB3 stamping in...|
|BfloAnonChick stamping in...|
|...and here comes Honig603!!!|
|This is what you get when MMACJ joins forces with Wormtown Wanderers - insanity! ;)|
Oh, and tigs - guess what!! My fingers ended up matching my teeth that weekend! ;)