Well, its crept up on us again! The weather is getting warmer, the snow is all gone (thank goodness), and Wakeda is ramping up to open in a few days. We're also ramping up, getting boxes ready, finishing our own stamps and starting to dig out the camping gear and supplies. So, here's some reminders and updates so that we can all get on the same page and get ready to have a great time! ;)
1. I just updated the camping list. If you don't see your name on there and have made a reservation, please let me know. If you haven't made a reservation yet, please do it soon, then let me know which site you have!
2. Make sure you check in at the office when you arrive, no matter your camping / non-camping status. Check the Wakeda page on the menu of this blog for links to the Wakeda website.
3. If you haven't already, please sign up on the potluck entry on the event page if you plan on bringing anything, just so we know what to expect and what to plan for. Any questions about what to bring, contact Betty Boop3.
4. We'll have some basic breakfast foods for Friday and Saturday morning. On Sunday morning the "Veg-Out" truck will have their pancake breakfast for those interested. I'll have the prices on those soon, but just as a reference, last year it was all-you-can-eat for $5. They also have a smaller stack and a kids plate for less.
Also, Jackie will be serving lunch there as well on Saturday. (Wraps and salads.) I'll post the menu with prices soon as I get that as well.
5. Ticks are already abundant this year, so make sure you bring bug spray!
6. We're not doing quite as many stamps on site this year, but will have some new sets off site. We also figure that this will give some of you a chance to spend more time off site getting boxes that you may have missed in the past.
7. We will be having a raffle at dinner time on Saturday. See me, Betty Boop3 or Honig603 for raffle tickets. Each trailname will get 3 tickets and there is no fee. You do not need to be present to win, but only one prize per trailname, just to be fair. ;)
8. We will have clues for the on site stamps, and maybe a few of the new off site ones.
9. If you haven't already, incorporate your sig stamp somehow into a Memorial Day / Military / Veteran theme, and bring it either as a WOM box or as an event box. Plan on stamping that stamp on the event poster, as well as your traditional sig stamp. There will be a WOM board along with paper, pens and tacks.
10. When you see MissMoon, always make sure you give her a great big hug. Every time. ;)
That's all for now, but I'll post again soon with any more updates or info, and if you have any questions, feel free to use the Wakeda discussion board on AQ or email on of us admins direct. SEE Y'ALL IN A FEW WEEKS!